The Visits

The job I am in now has way too much computer stuff to it.  I love computers as we all know, but I don't like entering data and I'm not too crazy about sending stuff on email that I've already sent to people several times.  And I don't like data entry.  Just want to be super clear on that.  I had a huge batch of scores to send to the district today and it's been hanging over my head for days.  Today I would work on the scores for 20 minutes and then run into a classroom for 20 minutes.  I kept that up all day long.  So on my visits, I did a variety of things.  Quizzed some firsties on their sight words.  Most of them knew most of them!  I sat with some 2nders who were making thank you cards.  They saw Give a Mouse a Cookie today at the Cardinal Theater Company and they were riding HIGH on that action.  I sat next to a thirdie who was freaking out about a cognitive test he was taking.  Talked him down and helped him through the last long pages.  I did a bunch of other stuff too.  Because I didn't stay at my desk doing data entry I didn't get to leave school until 8:30 pm.  Not the worst thing in the world because i took a break at 7:30 to watch the chimney swifts swirling into their chimney for the night.

Comments

kc said…
Your job sounds pretty insane to me. It's tough to know what to do as a career educator, don't you think? Because when I think about it, I can't really imagine spending every year for 40 years in the classroom; but I also don't want to do data entry and have people yell at me.

Love the photo and the new background.
LH said…
There aren't a ton of choices for teachers if they want to do something a little different.
This literacy partner gig can be good sometimes so I'm going to try to just go to work and do the job and not worry so much about the crazy stuff.

I've got to get outside and take some pix this week. Leaves are turning.

Autumnal Greetings, all!

Popular Posts