The Overnight

Husbandman and I headed up to Indy for the weekend.  We checked out the fantastic Andy Warhol
exhibit at the IMA.  Then we had dinner at a fine eatery.  Then we watched the Giants beat the Phillies, much to our delight.  While we watched, I read this awesome book on the iPad.  I am not sure if I'll ever read a real book again.  Can't even find the words to tell you how much I enjoyed it.
Tonight I'm missing the offspring.  #1 son has been sleeping all day.  Teendaughter keeps living in California.  If they were here watching Amazing Race with us right now, all would be right with the world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
And now you know why I love reading on my Kindle.

D/
LH said…
I thought I knew why, but now I really know why!

Recommendations?
Anonymous said…
While I was in NC I finished The Hundred Foot Journey, and LOVED it. Before that, The Lonely Polygamist was very good.
Hated Freedom. I never seem to like what Oprah chooses.
D/
Anonymous said…
I'm reading Postmistress.
LH said…
I read 2 chaps of Bookie Wook 2 last night. I love how you can sample the books. But now I think i want to buy it.
Anonymous said…
Bookie Wook2? Prepare yourself for a lot of self indulgent sex. Oh, wait. You already read a couple chapters.

D/
LH said…
This is the sequel, Bookie Wook 2.
Not much sex( a little), just a LOT of praise of Kate Moss.
Maybe his new wife is tempering his writing style???
Anonymous said…
Fall break! Yeah!!! Get that NCTE talk done tomorrow so we can go out for dinner and/or a drink!
N

Popular Posts