The Call

 
Yesterday I went to the library with some first graders.  We got to go on THE BOOKMOBILE.  This is kind of neat.  Our first bookmobile started serving readers in 1929.  A gal who I think had the name of Helen rode that vehicle around town for 30 years.  The guy who drives the bookmobile now has been driving it around for 20 years.  I think driving the bookmobile might be a pretty good job. It's neat that the shelves are tilted back so the books don't drop off the shelves when the bookmobile takes a sharp turn.  It's also neat that they're making a new bookmobile in Ohio.  We'll have that bookmobile in a few months.  Our current bookmobile is 15 years old, so it's probably overdue for a replacement.  It would be neat if I could have the old bookmobile.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved talking with you today. You will R.O.C.K. on your NCTE presentation. I would love to see you and KC-Can you guys video it and put it on a blog link? Our jobs are crazy, but we trudge on!
N
LH said…
Some videotaping is a good idea. I can borrow the new flip camera from the school. I love that thing.

I loved talking with you too!
Julie Anna said…
I loved the bookmobile as a kid. The nearest library was a small town or two over, so the bookmobile was a real lifesaver for a kid who could never get enough to read. They had some kind of limit on the number of books one could check out, so I always read all my books and would be chomping at the bit for the return of the bookmobile in two weeks. I had to have been the bookmobile's best customer in Otwell, Indiana.
Kc said…
N - can't u come party in Orlando?! I am so excited to meet jw for the first time!

Popular Posts