The 3rdies

Today I recorded kiddos reading their scripts for our podcast. The podcast is not that thrilling, but we soldier on. I have about 4 more to record. For some odd reason I'm letting them each pick a sound effect to add after their talking. We have an odd assortment of bells, bubbles and barn doors closing. Whatever, i'm just trying to get this first one done. I have super low expectations. Except it bugs me when it's not good. Anyway, one kiddo today went off script. He does that all day long. Poor guy talks incessantly. The kid babbles. And people are constantly hushing him and rushing him back to where he belongs. I let him ramble for awhile but then I told him we needed to edit because of time concerns. He said, "It's kind of like jazz though. You add a little saxophone and it can really make it better." I laughed out loud (lol) and he did too but he added, "It's true!"
"You're right, it is true," I told him, "But let's finish up and you can pick a sound effect."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you kidding me?! A 3rd grader made that comment about jazz!? How absolutely marvelous. You should interview him about jazz. How does he know this stuff?
I am so impressed. I was in college before I had that kind of knowledge about, and feeling for, jazz.

D/
KC said…
Love that kid!

We can't wait to hear the podcast. I know what you mean about being bugged that it could be better. I think I probably wrote to you five times about that. But, in the end, it's their product; and the more distance I get from it, the more I enjoy it. That's how I feel.
Anonymous said…
BTW, Lil Wayne carried a gun on a bus tour, so he got a year in jail, which will really be 8 months. They already postponed it once, so he could have dental surgery.
I think it will be good for his career. He'll amass new experiences for his lyrics.
And he'll learn how to hide his guns better.

D/
LH said…
LOL.

thx for the update.

Popular Posts