The Knee

It's good to be home after a long stretch of time at the surgery center. One kind of gross thing I saw today was a truly discolored foot belonging to someone who was also about to get surgery. The foot was sticking out from behind a divider curtain. I wonder what happened to that foot today. The rest of the day was a combination of moods ranging from sombre to anxious to relieved. I love when doctors are done with surgeries and they praise themselves with such abandon. "Everything was fantastic. It couldn't have gone better. I was able to do everything exactly the way I wanted to do it!" They actually seem fairly buzzed. I have no problem with that. Way to get the job done, Dr. S. And thanks for cutting open #1's knee and grafting a piece of his hamstring into the damaged ACL position. I could not have done this without you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hoorah! Thank goodness it is over. Let the healing begin!
N
cb said…
I'm so glad that everything went as it should. But poor #1!! Not a very fun Spring break for any of you all.
Much love,
cb
Anonymous said…
Does he get to go back to school on crutches?
A package, addressed to you, will arrive on Saturday, but it's really for Q. I trust you will hand it over.

D/
LH said…
N, we have pt at 2. Cross your fingers that it's not too horrid! I'll text you after that.

C, It's not been fun in the traditional sense. Or really in any sense. Still we soldier on. Love 2 u dear.

Thanks, D! We will find out about the crutches today. I'll keep you posted.
Julie Anna said…
Hope #1 is doing well. I found it to be horribly painful for months, but then I was old at the time, and he is a young whippersnapper. The teacher's blog link in this story was absolutely hysterical. Loved the "scissors and two black sleeves" memo.

Popular Posts