The Books

Here's the good news: Yesterday I got great books in the mail from Good Pal Menosky. A Book by Mordecai Gerstein and The Plot Chickens by MJ and H Auch. If you teach writing or reading, you will probably want these books asap. I read them to Husbandman and he liked them both. And that's high praise indeed.

But here's the sad thing. Another good friend has a book for me, and she called me twice to tell me that she's even going to drop the book off at my house (!) , and I didn't return her phone calls. And now I'm afraid to call her to say I can come pick up the book. I get myself into these things fairly frequently. I'm supposed to go to another testing workshop this week and I was supposed to fill out a form and I didn't do it and now it maybe TOO LATE!!!! Why didn't I just fill it out? I had time. And my mom had her birthday and I actually HAVE her gifts now, but I keep not sending them. Bleh. So disappointing.

It's clear that I have some significant character flaws. I should join a 12 step for people who don't like to answer the phone and who don't like to fill out forms, and who are always late with birthday gifts. Step One is done, as you can see. I need to move on to Step 8 asap.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't skips steps. What's step 2?
jw
LH said…
I looked over the steps and decided only certain ones were really applicable to my particular situation.
UGH, I'm still at school!
Anonymous said…
Don't walk but run to the nearest exit!!!!! I just sent off my letter of resignation as computer coordinator. Sigh...the end of an era.
judy
LH said…
OMG, the music is blaring. The Rockettes are cruising onto the stage. The Firework Finale is raging overhead.

I never thought I'd live to see the day. YES!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Funny. Real Funny.
jw
Anonymous said…
Noticed R was hoping for snail mail. Mine would be at the bottom of her list, but if you give me her address I'll send her something once in awhile.
D/
Julie Anna said…
I think it's the overworked woman syndrome or something, dear heart. I am a horrible horrible procrastinator. I buy birthday cards a week ahead and send them a week late. I make flying trips all over town to deliver forms at the last possible second that I've had in my hands for weeks. I don't know why I do this, as it leads to endless frustration at myself. Perhaps we can form a 12-step group.

Popular Posts