The Snacks

Today we had a faculty meeting at 8:00 am. We usually have snacks at these early meetings, so I didn't buy a bagel with my latte, even though I wanted one very badly. When I got to the meeting, no snacks. All through the meeting, I kept looking around and wondering why there were no snacks. Why was this meeting so different from the others, the ones with the tasty snacks? Later, when I checked the calendar of school events that I'm supposed to check each day but haven't lately, I discovered that it was I who was signed up to bring snacks. And it was I who had not brought them. Does everyone hate me now, I wondered, feeling some degree of worry and remorse. I'm going to make it up to everybody somehow. Probably by bringing in snacks some other time. I'm not sure yet.
On the Barack side of life, he looks very cheerful here. CNN is already starting with the big maps. I wish they would hold off on that. It makes me nervous.

Comments

Anonymous said…
People will still love you even if you forgot the snacks. Really. It happens.

I loved the title of the book by Cesar Chavez. I wonder if my sister can hook me up! Taking the meds and loving it!

Thanks!
KV
Anonymous said…
Oh, yeah I forgot to add that Obama is so cute!! :)

KV
LH said…
So glad you're up and about and you have your priorities right where they should be...checking and commenting on the blog.
We miss you at school!
Anonymous said…
Unforgiveable!
You need to come in with bagels and cardboard boxes of coffee from Panera.

Check out the last pic I uploaded to JPG.

D/
Julie Anna said…
The man does not take a bad picture. I'm just saying, would it be so bad to have a great president who also happens to be good looking, for a change?
Anonymous said…
I love this, Lee! I'm sure everybody doesn't hate you. They're probably relieved that you forgot before they did!
KC said…
oh geez. this is too bad. the truth is, though, that everyone will forget about it. no worries.
Anonymous said…
Meant to comment about your dad getting on the demo wagon again. Maybe I should have him give my dear ole dad a call so we can get him on the right track!They could have a grand conversation!
N
Anonymous said…
At least you didn't show up with just a bagel for yourself...

"Cause then, I'm thinking, people would really have hated you.

We have a similar deal at my office on Fridays. Last time it was my turn I even went so far as to order the tasty snacks in advance to be sure they would have a nice selection, including plenty of chocolate things, which are popular in my office. After I had been at work about half an hour, I was feeling need of such a snack and wandered into the kitchen. No snacks to be found. It was only then that I realized I had forgotten to pick them up.

At least I don't have responsibilities for others' children so I could just leave the office and go get them and thereby avoid the wrath of the chocolate deprived.

mary
crad said…
M, I love this story.

And fyi, all:
I brought in panera bagels on friday and people seemed pleased.

Popular Posts