The Plan

Peeps in my class confuse the heck out of me. Yesterday we put on a skit in front of the whole school about "responsibility" and "attendance." This was at the request of my bosslady principal. One peep had a small part, two lines, introducing our skit. He was excited about this. Every day we practiced and practiced. His reading skills aren't great, but we practiced it so much, he had it basically memorized. When his big moment came, he just stood in front of the mike and would not talk. After a few moments, I walked up and whispered his lines to him behind his back. He delivered them and headed off stage.
Later, when the crazy convo was over, I asked him, "Were you okay with me coming up to help with the lines?"
Peep: (in a surly voice) NO!
Me: (clearly taken aback) Oh I'm sorry. Were you about to say the lines?
Peep: No. I was embarrassed and I wanted to stand there by myself.
Me: (confused) You weren't going to say them because you were embarrassed? That was the plan?
Peep: (confidently) Yes, that's what I wanted.
Interrupting Peep: (making a valid point) Then you would have looked even more stupid!
Me: Okay, let's move on.

The main point of all this is that the convo that gave me much stress is finally over. Report cards are in the hands of the learners. I've reviewed an article for a journal that's been in my bag for 2 weeks. And I have 2 more big tasks ahead today. Plus laundry. It can be done. Oh yes, it can all be done.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very productive day for you, my friend.
jw
Anonymous said…
Not that you don't usually have productive days but just compared to mine is all I'm sayin'.
jw
LH said…
I got it...no worries.
I have a sore throat now. bleh.
Anonymous said…
Oh, good.
I had one yesterday too! I hate those things.
jw

Popular Posts