The Metro



 

Our activities this past weekend included the History of Immigration Museum, Luxembourg Garden, Zadkine Museum, Dinner at Brasserie Bocuse, Parc de Bercy, Coffee and chocolate outside in Bercy Village.

Yesterday I walked west through the Marais, the Tuileries, and the Champs-Elysees to arrive at the Arc de Triomphe.  Last time I visited the Arc, it was wrapped in cloth and ropes.  But now it's unwrapped and stands naked to the world. As I gazed up, the Arc said, "So good to see you again, Madame Americaine.  I was hoping you'd return." We chatted awhile and then I hopped on the metro.  It took me 2 hours to get to the Arc, but only about 13 minutes to get home on the metro. Clearly, we need a metro in our beloved B-town. 

Also, I finished reading The Thursday Murder Club.  Wow did I enjoy that.  What great characters. You should definitely read it if you feel like it.

And one other thing, did I tell you I signed up for an online class about writing Flash Fiction?  It's going to be an 8 week class starting tomorrow. Not sure I did the right thing by signing up for a class, but I felt a true yearning for learning.  I'll let you know how it goes. 






Comments

cb said…
You are making the most of that town. I hope you enjoy the online writing class. It sounds like a good thing to do on these wintry days.
KC said…
Wasn't that a great book?! There's another one, and he's working on the third. I love it. I thought I might try to do something similar, but now I think I'm going creepier.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Loved the book. Can't remember laughing out loud while reading for a long time. The characters are amazing. I wonder how his second is?
Janet said…
It seems to me that you have a yearning for learning every day. :) I can't recall when I last read a book (ugh) but will add that one to the list.

Popular Posts