The CatchUp

 

 

            It's pleasant to have coffee and cake at a cafe in the afternoon.  We'll have to keep that up when we're home whenever we can. Please get your priorities straight and join us.

 

            Cafe de L'Industrie is abustlin'.  Across the street, there is a line of people trying to get into a Cat Cafe.  Clearly we have some cat fans here in Paris.  Cynthia is visiting and I have a feeling we might find her in the Cat Cafe some time soon.  She really likes cats.  I also enjoy cats, but I don't feel a need to have coffee with them.  It would probably be hard to get work done because animals pique my interest. I actually would like to visit the Fleabag inspired Guinea Pig Cafe in LA sometime. 

 

What else have we been up to lately you ask?  

  •             Went to Pere Lachaise and could not find Modigliani AGAIN.  I love his art but he's really starting to tick me off.  
  •             We loved L'Orangerie.  Thank you to Monet for donating his water lilies to Paris so we can have a quiet place for living in the present moment.
  •             Lovely visit to the Pantheon.  Checked in on the six women in the crypt and admired the incredible murals and the Anselm Kiefer installation.  
  •             Had a phenomenal lunch at Septime and a fun dinner at Maceo. 
  •             Watched a moving film called Other People on our big television. Spoiler Alert: You maybe should watch it when you're alone so you don't look like a freak as you sob hysterically at the movie's end when Molly Shannon dies of cancer.  

 





Comments

Janet said…
I recall having a meal in Pigalle in the late 1980s and a cat urinated on my bag. You can imagine my reaction. I had not thought of that for years but your mention of the cafe with cats reminded me. Are you getting your fair share of croissants on this extended trip? I hope so.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Sounds like you and Cynthia are having a marvelous time. What's with Modigliani?

Popular Posts