The Groundhog



 Yesterday was a super pleasant day.  I walked and I wrote and I read.  I thought if this day could be my Groundhog Day, I'd be completely happy. Repeating this very day hundreds of times would be AOK in my book.

Today I walked through the Marche des Enfants Rouges.  Then I went to a museum that's all about the history of inventions.  It's called Musee des Arts et Metiers.    Super beautiful museum.  I especially loved the typewriter displays and the camera displays and the final display of old cars that were placed on a curving ramp in a very beautiful restored church. I can't tell you how happy I was in that place. As I was leaving, I thought, It's only 2pm, but this could also be my Groundhog Day.  I could repeat this day forever and be totally fine with it. 

On my way home, I rolled my ankle in a hole in the sidewalk and now it hurts quite a bit.  So I want it on record that I do not want this day to be my Groundhog Day. I want this day to be over ASAP.  


Comments

LH said…
Update on ankle: Not good. Doctor's appointment this afternoon.
Mitzi Lewison said…
So glad it's not broken!!!
LH said…
YES!!!! Me too, Mitz!!!!

The doctor said I have no fracture, but he gave me all this stuff anyway. Plastic cast thing I have to wear for 6 weeks and he
said I should do some physical therapy over here. YIKES.
Mitzi Lewison said…
OMG! YIKES is right. Does the plastic cast help with walking?
Janet said…
Oh dear!!! Six weeks! Must be such a bad sprain. I am so sorry. I told you not to wear those platform shoes... ;)

Sending all good thoughts. You have done such a lot of walking there - small silver lining? - but will be hard to be grounded for a bit. ❤️

Popular Posts