The Rush Job

Live Working or Die Fighting! These Canuts really loved their jobs I suppose.

More Britt, up in Croix-Rousse

This might not look like a steep rue, but it is.

This is our building.  We're on the 6th floor.  There's a teeny lift. 

 I want to blog, but Mari Homme just got a bit nervous about this goal.  "Hon!  We have to do 2 different markets."

He's right.  The supermarket closes at noon and so does the open air market in Place Carnot.  Time is ticking.

The main point of this blog entry anyway is to share this interview with Elizabeth Strout over at Cup of Jo's place.  She seems like a great person and now I'm interested in her new book.  I finished Sally Rooney's Beautiful World Where Are You? this week and then just turned back to page one and read it again. There's a lot in there.  Well done, Sally Rooney.  She was a competitive debater at one time, and I too was a debater in high school.  Unlike Rooney, I won no prizes for my debating skills.  Mostly just embarrassment and struggle. 

We are getting over nasty colds, so yesterday was a bust.  Just sleeping and nose blowing, but today we're gathering our forces and heading out to the Contemporary Arts Museum.  Mari Homme is making sandwiches on a weirdly skinny baguette.  Should work.  We'll have to see. 

To market, to market, to buy a fat hog.  

Do you know that rhyme?  Mari Homme is actually eating quite a lot of pork over here.  


Comments

cb said…
Elizabeth Strout has a new book!?! This is excellent news, merci. I love her and all her books.

Merci aussi for the Britt art.

Glad you are on the mend. xo
KC said…
I'm so glad you found time for this entry despite the pressure Mari Homme placed upon you.

Popular Posts