Les Lieux


 The Places.  Last night we sat at Place Carnot and had some wine after dinner.  I wish there was a small bar with a terrace right next to our house on High Street. It's so pleasant to walk across the street and hang out with the peeps under a starry sky.  

This morning I walked across the Rhone to a book store called Damn Fine Bookstore. This small store has books in different languages.  I bought the new Alice Hoffman and The Maidens.  The owner of the store was friendly as all get out. We do have book stores in B-town, but the walk to these stores isn't consistently charming. What if we could put in an elevated path with gardens, fountains, scooter paths and small cafes east and west along 2nd street?  

After the book store visit, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch.  It was fantastic.  I had some dim sum and Mari Homme had pho.  When I was done with my meal, the waiter told me he was not going to pick up my plates until I finished eating my rice.  The rice was great, but I was full, so Mari Homme helped me out. Do we have a great Vietnamese restaurant with a bossy waiter in B-town?  I think not, my friends. 

As you can see,  I'm picking up on a few ways we could improve life in our beautiful Bloomington.  We can all work together on this.  As the old Rogers School motto used to tell us... The sky's the limit when our heart is in it.

Comments

I actually think it was even more prescriptive than that - the sky's the limit BECAUSE our heart is in it. No ifs whens or buts about it!
Janet said…
And please let's not forget the new turtle sanctuary! #bringemhome
LH said…
Maybe we should all move over toward the Switchyard - BLine area.
There will be space there for the turtles too. #bringemhome !
LH said…
IRoaCR, that was one great theme song. I wonder my school doesn't have a song?
A new project for me??? Shouldn't take long.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Live where you can walk to almost everything. That may be the lesson from your trip.

Popular Posts