The Wishes




It's time to shake and shine, People.  I'm going to blog and then slog.  Then I'm going to plan the Monday lessons for the Thirdlanders.  

In Comfortable with Uncertainty, Pema Chodron writes that, "nothing goes away until it's taught us what we need to know."  I wish coronavirus would teach me what I need to know PDQ. Get on with it, CV.

I had a chat with three groups of Thirdlanders on Thursday.  One group was discussing the awesome book, The Fourteenth Goldfish in which a scientist character figures out how to reverse aging.  He's 76, but he becomes a teenager again.  Problems ensue. At the end, the character decides not to pursue his anti-aging line of research. A Thirdlander said, "I think he figured out that the world isn't ready for no-aging right now."   I wish the coronavirus would read Fourteenth Goldfish.  It could learn a thing or two from that book.

Last night, we had a zoom-Seder with kinfolk from California, Indiana and Washington.  It was comforting and comfortable.  #1 Son played music.  We read a few poems.  People made wishes for the post-Corona World.  I wished that our new president Joe Biden would get on board with the Green New Deal.  

#1 Son said, "That's probably not going to happen."

I see his point, but I'm keeping hope alive here on High Street. Shaking.  Shining



Comments

KC said…
Why does #1 think the New Deal is impossible?

Popular Posts