The Sassafras

It's getting kind of hard to sass up these days.  We're ordering Thai food tonight so that's going to help.  I actually had extra time today.  Finished up my online gig around 2:30 AND had tomorrow all planned out.  I walked around for awhile thinking about what I should do with my afternoon.  Instead of doing original, creative works, I ended up looking for an online read aloud that might tie in with the unit about economics that I'm teaching right now.  It was kind of comforting, so I guess it's okay to spend the late afternoon on my bed, reading about picture books.  Snagged a pretty good one about Jane Addams and Hull House, called The House that Jane Built. I wish there were more people reading books with social justice themes aloud on the internets right now.  I know we're stressed out, but we still enjoy reading about real stuff.

FYI:  I've actually walked by the original Hull House in Chicago and have read the plaque there.

ps I wrote this on Monday and forgot to publish it.  Let's face it.  I'm addled.

Comments

mm said…
I love your social justice theme!!

Popular Posts