The Regrets

Don't you think this seed pod from the sweet gum tree is a copycatter of a certain virus we've come to know and hate?

Today I went to the pharmacy to pick up my blood pressure medication.  Let's face it, I need to keep the blood pressure steady.  No one has time for stroking out right now.

The pharmacy was darkened and there weren't many people in there.  I had gloves on and in my hand, I carried a clorox wipe.  My anxiety was a bit on the high side as I wondered if I should pick up a bag of chocolate.  Perusing the selection, I imagined coronavirus all over each bag, lurking.  I decided to leave the chocolate alone and head over to the pharmacist. I bitterly resented his wearing of a mask. I almost asked him if I could buy a mask from him, but he seemed distracted.

I'm home now, safe as far as we know.  The honest truth is I wish I had the chocolate.  I was right there. Instead of bravely grasping the bag of chocolate with the clorox wipe, I succumbed to my fears and now I'm living with regrets.

Comments

jdoc said…
I might learn how to make a cloth mask this weekend. Can I send you some chocolate and a cloth mask if I figure it out?
lee said…
I would not say no to either, Friend.
KC said…
I buy chocolate on the reg. My mother in law is sewing us masks, but in the meantime, I made one that works pretty well with a bandana and two hair ties. The google shows you.
LH said…
I just ordered some hair ties to make that kind.

So, it's all going to work out in the end.
mm said…
I also am guilty of buying treats when I'm out buying "necessities."
jdoc said…
I keep thinking I'll get that sewing machine out but it has stayed stored away. Probably the hair ties and cloth will do instead.
LH said…
We're good kiddo!!!
All is well!!! I'm buying masks on the black market.

Popular Posts