The JOJO Rabbit

Still brewing in a dreamy pot of JoJo Rabbit stew, the movie we ventured out to see on a cold and cloudy Saturday afternoon.

In short, the film is awesome.  I don't know why I didn't want to see it when it first came out.  Probably Hitler.

When I saw it listed as an Oscar best movie nominee, I sucked it up and headed to the theater.  Husbandman reminded me that this director, Brilliant Taika Waititi also directed one of my other favorite movies, What We Do In the Shadows.

I brought along a pellegrino water and a half sleeve of Ritz crackers. We settled in for a movie that offers one surprise after another, some of them fun and some not fun at all.   I don't really want to tell you anything about the movie because you can just see it if you feel like it.

This morning I've been reading articles and tweets about the movie and the author of the book on which the movie is based and the director and the actors. Also watched a few videos featuring the director.  I'm especially intrigued with a young actor in the film by the name of Archie Yates.  I would like to see that kid around somewhere.

I've now seen 6 of the 10 nominated films.  Maybe I'll see more.  We may never know.

On an unrelated note, we saw a preview of a film that included Tom Wilkinson. I said to Husbandman, "I love Tom Wilkinson.  I'd invite him to dinner any day of the week."
Husbandman countered with, "But probably not Mondays, right?"
"Husbandman," I replied, all solemn seriousness. "Any day of the week.  Even Monday.  That's how much I love Tom Wilkinson."

So, Tom, if you're reading this, you have a standing invite to come over any evening.  Husbandman is making sesame noodles this week, so give us a ring if you're free.  Or just stop by.  We'll always have something here to share with you.


Comments

Mitzi Lewison said…
6 out of 10. You're on it!!

Popular Posts