The Jumble




We've lived in Thirdland for nearly 3 weeks. It all feels like a jumble, to be honest.  We've wrapped seeds in wet paper towels and sat out in the garden with our notebooks and played some math games and we've sung some songs. We've taken hideous tests on the tablets and written about horses, teeth, sword fights and broken windows.  We've made brains out of play doh and hamburgers out of newsprint.  Parents have sent in crackers for snack and a very few aren't too happy that there will be no weekly spelling test and others want to volunteer in the room as soon as possible.  Harriet the Tarantula has been photographed and tapped at and blown upon and has 25 new fans.

Open House is coming up this Thursday.  25 people will ask me, "How's he/she doing?"  I wish I could be honest and say, "Not really sure.  It all feels like a jumble right now. Your kid seems to be a fun little person for the most part. I enjoy spending time with him/her. As far as the reading and math, I really can't say, but I'll keep you posted."

Comments

mm said…
I'm glad there aren't weekly spelling tests!
Kc said…
I need to get my spelling answer straight and pronto.

Popular Posts