The Job

Husbandman and I have enjoyed a long summer of traveling and eating lunches together and solving difficult crossword puzzles.  Yesterday I headed in to the compound to start getting the classroom ready.  Husbandman said, "Well I guess I won't see you until late tonight?"
        I wryly replied, "In reality, you won't see me until late May."
        It was kind of funny, but also not so funny.
        I spent a long time at school yesterday and truth be told I didn't get much done.  I needed to keep the big picture in mind and stop getting distracted with small details like should I rearrange all the chapter books.  Today will be better.

Comments

mm said…
It's certainly that time....
Anonymous said…
Aaaaahhhhhh!
jw
KC said…
It's true that it's time, and it's true that we'll be buried under it until May. So long, cruel world!

Popular Posts