Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Departure

#1 Son leaves for Europe tomorrow.  I took a trip to Europe when I was 17 with my friend Cathleen.  We backpacked around and visited 5 countries.  We had a Let's Go Europe book that helped us find hostels, restaurants and fun activities.  I bought the latest Let's Go for #1 Son.  He hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.  I also found a neck wallet for his passport and I bought him some organizer packing cubes for his socks and underwear.  I wonder if he'll use those.  I wish I could go to Europe with #1 Son.  But this is not to be.  He's going off for a month and I'll stay behind. I hope this won't be too tough on #1 Son. I hope he'll be able to cope.

3 comments:

mm said...

I'm certain to quite certain that you've taught him to cope. You'll both do fine.

Anonymous said...

That boy has all the luck!
jw

KC said...

Lucky for me, #1 has asked me to chaperone his trip. This will be good for all of us.