The Avulsion

Okay, huddle up, peeps.  Everyone's wondering why I'm not blogging.  I've been getting hundreds of emails every day requesting a new blog post.  Let's all calm down.  Life has taken a serious turn and we can all learn a thing or two about patience from my recent calamity.  Last week was already fairly hideous with report cards and lots of too much to do / too little time kind of conundrums cropping up every time I turned around. Then, come to find out, on Saturday, I fractured my ankle.  I have an avulsion fracture, which is painful but also pretty interesting.  A ligament tears away from the ankle, ripping off a piece of bone with it.  Some people think an avulsion fracture is something that's kind of funny, not a big deal.  I'm here to tell you that this is far from the case.  I am in a wheel chair my friends, crying out in pain and aggravation every chance I get. It's really nothing to joke about.

Comments

cb said…
Oh man. Not at all funny. I hope you have some good pain meds and that you are able to rest. Much love to you. xo
Lee, get pain free and well soon!!!
mm said…
Although I do miss your posts, I want you to take care of yourself and heal. It'll be difficult, but we'll manage without your posts.
KC said…
This is a damn shame.
Anonymous said…
Broken bones are so painful and inconvenient. You don't have time for this nonsense!
jw

Popular Posts