The Sarn

Big discussion today about how I don't refrigerate my lunch when I get to work and about how my office mate is freaked out when I eat egg salad sarnies.   My officemate (mom of Hank, see hand below) inexplicably initiated this discussion in the midst of a curriculum mapping committee meeting, in front of 8 teachers I know barely at all.  I asked the others if they thought the 3 hour lack of refrigeration was weird.  They all agreed with my office mate that it was weird.  One implied that I could be putting myself in mortal danger.  Another suggested that I freeze the bread from now on if I'm not going to refrigerate my sarnies when I get to work.
Geez people.  Lighten up.  The sarnies are still cold from the fridge.
Anyway, we eventually got back to the tedious task of curriculum mapping, and our day moved on from there. It was actually pretty fun hanging with these peeps, who all seemed to sincerely care about my health.
 And tonight I bought some yellow snapdragons.  And I took a walk.

Comments

mm said…
I had to look up Sarnies.

The picture is incredible.
"Officemate" said…
Tell Husbandman that Im sorry for screwing up one of the lunch item choices that he makes for you :(
StreibProjects said…
Did you draw that on your ipad?
LH said…
MM & Streibie, Took this shot up in ye olde arte roome.

We've got some talent at Artful School.

Officemate: Thanks for putting the egg salad in the fridge today.
cb said…
I had to Google sarnie too. The photos made me hungry. My bag lunches were always kept in my desk drawer at work.

Will you draw the snapdragons, please?

cb
LH said…
Hey CB, Tried to iPad draw some snaps last night. Not the easiest flower to draw. I'll try again in future!
Anonymous said…
I keep those blue things in freezer. I have three and alternate them in my lunch. BTW, not a fan of sarnies. I guess I'm spoiled with leftover entrees. I keep a little cooler in my room and if I do a partial bicycle commute I put the tupperware and blue brick in a plastic grocery bag and then transfer it to the cooler til lunch. Geez, I think way too hard about this stuff, but we're talking teacher fuel here. JJB

Popular Posts