The Inferring

My task is to make a short power point about inferring for a teacher meeting that will happen this week.  I'm working with 2 other literacy partners who have done most of the work on this 50 minute presentation on inferring.  When I was in graduate school, I always prided myself on being the hardest worker in any group project. It was a point of pride and perhaps even some arrogance to constantly praise myself about how I worked harder than other people.  With this group project, I've been a total slacker. I had some reasons for this that had to do with time constraints, but I have to admit it.  I slacked. Because I slacked, I've been given a very easy job to do this weekend:  Make a ppt based on 3 key points in a chapter of the book we're all reading.  But now that I'm finally getting into making the ppt on the 3 key points, I'm finding I have a few disagreements with the 3 points. So, I'm tempted to go a bit outside the box with this power point, and introduce a more social view of inference. Which was not in the plan.  And as the slacker, I do feel a certain obligation to stick to the plan of the people who actually put time and thought into this task.
Not sure what I'll do yet.  But at this point, with not much time left before we present, it's time to do my best and forget the rest.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you are catching some sunshine. Just got back from a park walk myself. Now on to some planning for the sub for the meeting this week!
N
Anonymous said…
Go for it. Present outside the box!
jw
LH said…
Hey Nance, Hope you went easy on the sub plans. Video???

JW, I think I did veer from the box. And I'm happy about it.

Now I'm watching the Bachelor. Good times.
Anonymous said…
I loved your presentation! I always learn so much from you! :) Well Done!
Anonymous said…
Yup. You ppt was well done, my dear. And you did think outside of the box and I appreciate it.
jw
Anonymous said…
Agree on the pres. Did you get my txt about it? Well done! Thanks.
N
Anonymous said…
Oops! Forgot to sign my initials about loving your presentation. Thank you again! I enjoyed sharing your great information at my PLC today. :)

Sarah M.

Popular Posts