The Openness

Last night was our first informational night for people who might want to transfer their kids to our
artful learning school.  2 families came.  It was dispiriting.  We have to keep plugging along, and we do.
The other dispiriting thing that's happening at this moment in time is the loss of my dear #1 son to a weekend trip to visit 20 something daughter.  I know they'll have fun, but I am crying to have both of them gone.  I prefer them to be home.  It's time for me to suck it up and do something a little on the wild side to take myself out of my funk.  Hence, I'm blogging at work.  This might do the trick.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe you guys need to go to PTA meetings at Rogers and Childs to talk up your program. Parents tere might be more able to find transportation for their kids, and might be interested in what you have to offer.
Did info go out to parents district wide?
D/
Anonymous said…
Oops. "there" not "tere."
Anonymous said…
Was listening to NPR while driving to Quikpic. Monica Herzog was talking about all the stuff she did at Fairview,and the upcoming jazz program at FV.
When I got to QP, I asked Lorena, whose kid goes to Binford, if she knew about the program at FV.
NO. Never heard of it. Asked if kids have to be "artistic." Said she drives her kid to school anyway, so it would not be a problem for her.
Knows others in the same situation.
Maybe you need a PR person.
Anonymous said…
I would have come if I'd known about it!!! Can my 16 year old go there please so someone can keep an eye on him?! I can drive him. Hey-we are going to the Ryder short films tomorrow if you'd like to join us. We plan on seeing the animation tomorrow, and the live next weekend. What do you think?
N
Anonymous said…
Monika Herzig??
Sorry!

D/
kc said…
lee - rach and i are lounging around and nctear, and we wish you were here. just lol'ing at your blog.
Anonymous said…
2 families??
Anonymous said…
I am sitting here withthe iPad and checking your tweets and loving it! I think the first chantel should go home...maybe both the chantel and the shawntel should go. Will he end up with anyone?
N
Anonymous said…
In case you see tis first, check an email from me.

D/

Popular Posts