The Men

Yeah, it's one of those hell in a handbasket kind of weeks.  Husbandman up and left the country to Canada.  #1 and I are surviving on nuts and berries (restaurants and pizza deliveries).  

But something sweet happened at artful school this week.  I gave some comprehension tests to a bunch of kinders. After hearing a story about a group of nameless construction workers who bulldoze and knock down buildings, they answered questions about the characters, setting, and important events.  Most kiddos answered the questions orally and all did well.  I asked a few of the kiddos to write down their responses and they did so happily.  When I tried to explain the graphic organizer to one little one, she said, "I know how to do this.  I know how to read!"  Awesome possum, go for it.  Another little adorable seemed stuck on the "character" box, so I asked if he wanted some help. He paused for awhile and then said, "Well, I really don't know their names so I'm thinking about just writing MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN."

Don't you love that?

Comments

cb said…
MAN MAN MAN . . .
I do love that!

The Oscars! Very behind in my movie watching but I did see Somewhere last night and enjoyed the LA ennui.

Love to you Miss Lee. Tell Husbandman to get on home.
cb
Anonymous said…
Precious!! Man, oh man, absolutely precious!!! B&B
LH said…
C, I have seen all but Black Swan. Not sure I can deal with that one.

Love you so much dear friend. HM comes home tomorrow. We're in pretty dire straits at this point.

B and B, I love those little kinder stories. They're like foreigners in a strange land.

Popular Posts