The Interruptions


It's hard to get work done at work.  I felt v. displeased with myself when another day passed and I still wasn't done with the literacy workshop for Friday morning.  I came home ticked off, but gritted my teeth and vowed to stay awake until the prezi presentation was done.  Well come to find out, my prezi won't load now.  I've got a desperate plea for help in to the prezi peeps, but who knows what will happen?  I think I went overboard with the images.  I hope my prezi comes back to me by the a.m.  This problem is pretty much out of my control at this point. So annoying, tho.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hate working at work.

Wait, that doesn't really get across what I mean. Well, maybe then again, it gets it across perfectly.

What I'm hating lately though is that my boss, who several years ago got kicked upstairs, has recently been kicked back downstairs.

So after three years of forcing the deckhands to run the ship, he's back trying to tell us what to do and how to do it and all the while complaining that we're inefficient and wasting time because we pay attention to what others think and try to act on consensus.

And yes, sometimes the need for consensus drives me crazy, but I've come to realize I prefer it to him making all the decisions unilaterally...

mem in CA
kc said…
Did the Prezi come back?!?!

Please say YES!
LH said…
M, I think there should be a third space that's not home or work. Where we can get our work done without the weirdos.

KC, I am happy to say that the Prezi is back. Did you save a copy of your prezi on a thumb drive or some other type of saving thing????
Anonymous said…
Love the visual.
jw
Julie Anna said…
I have been so swamped at work that I must work at work. I much prefer working from home one day a week where I can hear myself think. Just hasn't worked out lately. As you may have noticed, I did not finish the july blogging challenge. I was very bummed about this at first but work got insane and so I have forgiven myself and moved on. We need to have wine or fine Belgian beer very soon.
LH said…
Jw, I too love it. It was one of my faves up there in chicago land.

J, you started late and yet you got all the way to T.
Plus you wrote thoughtful well crafted pieces. Yes, let's get together soon and celebrate the fact that summer can not last forever. This heat is killing me.

Popular Posts