The Impact


I just watched No Impact Man.  Then I cleaned up the kitchen and threw away a bunch of trash from the take out meal we consumed for dinner.  Then I started stressing out about whether or not I should get a latte in the morning from Starby's.  And I stressed out some more about No Impact Man's advice that we all join an environmental community activism group.  I can't do that, No Impact Man!  Community groups get on my last nerve.
I guess I'm glad I watched No Impact Man.  His wife Michelle is pretty neat.  And I do like to learn about people's projects that and end up turning into books and movies.  But this documentary increased my anxiety level tonight and I should have saved it for another time.

Comments

I enjoyed watching that movie but it was difficult not to feel guilty. Not all of us can go to the extreme but if we make incremental changes, collectively we can make a big difference and the next incremental changes are a little easier. So don't get stressed out, just think of one small simple thing that you can do to reduce your impact and feel good about it.
LH said…
Okay, I'm over my anxiety. No plastic water bottles. First Step.
Anonymous said…
Switching to beer?

D/
Anonymous said…
I think work is interfering with the blogging! I do not like this.
N
Anonymous said…
Thought you might like this - if you haven't seen it already.
D/
http://bit.ly/aPudig
cb said…
Less water, more beer -- an excellent first step. Wine comes in glass bottles too. But if you do drink water, those metal bottles actually make water taste better and they come in snazzy colors.

xoxo
cb

Popular Posts