The Wildcats

We had the school picnic indoors last night. All the teachers have new tie dye t shirts sporting our wildcat logo, so we were looking good.

After eating, I wandered into a few classrooms. Newbie first grade teacher had a dad just yakking her ear off about how great his kid is. "He's so great. He's a leader. He'll never give you any trouble. He's a model for other students." I was wondering if the kid in the back of the room, HURLING a rubber ball across the room, belonged to the guy or not? After 3 or 4 wild throws ricocheted off the walls, I wandered over to the kid. "Hey buddy, we don't want you throwing that ball in here."
He was on the ground having just completed a spectacular diving catch of his own throw. "Maybe I should do this outside?"
"Yeah, that's a good idea."
"Or I could go down to the gym and see if I can throw it around in there."
"That's what I'm talking about, pal!"
The kid scampered off and the dad kept talking, not missing a beat.
The year's going to be full of good times with the wildcats. I can already tell.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love these school stories! Wasn't that nice just to wander and take it all in as part of the job instead of the classroom? Can't wait for more of these! My start day was great! I loved all the smiles and hugs as they came back in. One little guy was sad--he thought he was still in first grade and took him a while to realize we looped up to 2nd!
N
LH said…
I really had a great day. Went in a bunch of classrooms. Found a missing kindergartener. Read two books to two little first grade boys. Helped a second grader cut out some mountain pictures.
Let's see if I can get all the grade level meetings scheduled tomorrow. That's going to be hellish.
Anonymous said…
Off topic. Don't know if it's temporary or..., but J's profile is no longer available on FB.
If you can, tell her that the entire Sisterhood is onboard. Also my brother and sister-in-law, and Connie.
D/
Maddy said…
Newbie visiting from undomestic. Sounds like there's never a dull moment!
LH said…
Yay! Welcome Maddie! Thanks for stopping by.

"Never a dull moment" about describes it!

Popular Posts