The Meetings

My first real day on the job went pretty well i thought. (Fist of Five = Probably 3). I helped a lot of teachers work on some planning for the first few weeks of school. We didn't get done with everything and now I have to go collect all the work from people in the upcoming week. That might be difficult. Most people seemed appreciative of my assistance during the day. My name was called continuously as I ran from table to table. That felt good. A few T's indicated through nonverbal communicative techniques that they would rather be left alone. I gave those people what is sometimes referred to as a wide berth.

I've been sitting in on a ton of interviews this week too. Interviews honestly can be a bit boring. After awhile, I am dying for someone to break out into song or pull some playdo out of their bag to demonstrate some radical teaching theory. I always feel compassion for people being interviewed, tho, so I try to nod, smile, and make small affirmative vocalizations. I have one more interview to do this afternoon. It's a bit of a drag because I wanted to wear sweatpants and a tshirt today, but instead I'm wearing my school uniform. On a Saturday.

This is one mark in the bad parts column of the new job.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sigh. FV is so lucky to have you, my dear.
jw
LH said…
thanks, j.
I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, ttytt.
I haven't had a new job for about 25 years or so.
Anonymous said…
I think one of the most important things in life is to know when to give someone "the wide berth". Known from now on as "twb". You know that already so you're set.
jw
LH said…
I agree that twb is a key concept.

I'll remember it like this.

twb is KEY.
Anonymous said…
Smart move on your part.

And now you will have too many copies of the Toll book. You ordered it. Carolyn found her copy and wants to give it to you. I ordered the two from IRA for you.
Yikes.
Maybe they won't all be the exact same one since she wrote 4.

D/
LH said…
Oh, this is so nice!!!

thanx!

I can have school copies and home copies!!!!

thank you thank you
KC said…
i have sat in a few interviews, and i kind of like it. BUT, i think it's because i like to be an "insider," kwim?
Anonymous said…
I can't find my calendar. omg. give me "twb" right now.
jw
LH said…
It's probably with my stupid phone.
Twb4u!
Anonymous said…
twb4u. Very nice. Please everyone give it to me. I went back to school at 11:00 last night to look for it. But didn't find it.
jw

Popular Posts