The Texts

Teendaughter's trip west for orientation brings scary thoughts front and center.  Lucky for us, she started the trip at Janet's house, so she was able to catch her breath before venturing across the bay.  Once she left Janet and fam, though, I started to worry.  Will she be able to transfer on BART?  Will she be able to follow the map Husbandman made for her to get from BART to the dorm?  Will she make a friend or will she be all alone, morose, in her dorm room?  Come to find out, everything worked out great.  Though I texted her 10 times for every one she returned, we were able to relax when we received the following text in the evening, "Going out for Thai with dorm girls.  College is fun!"  
  
I hope she can get her classes scheduled today.  

I would text #1 son at lacrosse camp, but he got tossed in a pool last week with his phone in his pocket, and now he's gone rogue.  

Anyway, the point of all this rambling is this:  Big shout out to the inventors of texting.  Job well done.  

Comments

KC said…
did you know that part of my job when i taught outdoor ed was to handle snakes? but now, that totally weirds me out.
Anonymous said…
Re your Twitter. There are some who think of the "partisans" as cowards and butchers - not true partisans.
And - which book are you reading?
D/
LH said…
I am reading web pages, and all I've read so far do point out the perspectives you mention.
LH said…
Husbandman and I do recommend the movie. It's quite inspiring. To us, at least.

Popular Posts