The Decisions

At the immunization clinic,  RN pulled up information about medications needed for travel to Kabul.  Basically, you need everything if you're going to Kabul.  I'm now protected against typhoid, hepatitis, polio, dysentery, and malaria. When she got to rabies, I said, "You know my friend said that it's not really necessary to get that one."
Staring into my eyes, RN said, "They have packs of wild dogs running around."
"Well, maybe I should get it then."
"It costs 700$."
"Okay, I won't be getting it," I told her.
"If you get rabies, you're going to have to get someone to get you QUICKLY to Western Europe.  And you're going to have about 15 shots once you get there."
 "Do they still give rabies shots in your stomach?"
"No, the butt."
"Okay, I'll pass on the rabies shots," I decided at last.  
It was stressful making so many decisions, but now that part is over.  And I can go back to the Grisham novel.

Comments

KC said…
this made me lol. remember when there were bats here at my house and the pest guy told me about rabies? it's pretty bad, but i'm sure you won't get it.
Anonymous said…
Always carry a dog treat in your pocket. That will stop any worry about rapid dog packs roaming the city.
jw
Anonymous said…
Actually rapid or rabid. It takes care of both.
jw
Anonymous said…
Totally off topic I realize, but what I really want to know is when will you be delivering Teen Daughter to us in CA? Us anal types like to plan ahead.

Then, of course, I want to know how I missed out on the details of the Kabul trip. What's the occasion? I mean, I "thought" I was paying attention...


And Bob wants you all to know that, as I am typing this, he is preparing a fabulous, multi-course dinner. Out of left-overs, but fabulous and multi-course nonetheless.

mary
Anonymous said…
And really, Hangover is v. good? I know it's Ed Helms and all, but... really?

mary again
Anonymous said…
I think your question on butt vs. stomach shots was excellent, thus rendering a fine decision on your part! -- I, too, want to know who all will be involved in taking Roz to CAL and when? MISS YOU! LOVE YOU!! B&B (Next week this time we'll be arriving in Dublin--READY!)
Anonymous said…
good. :)
jw
Anonymous said…
Ever read any Alfie Kohn? Smart guy or wingnut? Someone is recommending his books to me, but when I see the titles & descriptions & self-promotional nature of his website, I get worried. Any insight from you teachers out there?

mary
KC said…
this is not kc, it's me, Leeway.

Hey B and B, I want to go to Ireland as well, please. PLEASE! Please send me a postcard of some sheep on a green grassy hill.

Teendaughter's coming out for an orientation next weekend and then she'll be there for keeps 8/15. Details to follow, for sure.
Hangover is very good, I have to admit.
And Alfie Kohn's book Punished by Rewards is very good, but he's turned into a kind of a pain in the neck over the years. Last time I heard him speak I was kind of turned off. self promotional is def. the word. but... i did like that first book.

we're going to slapdash's wedding now! :)

Popular Posts