The Summer

The ending to the school year isn't a pleasant time. I came home kind of down and out several times last week. My fantastic parents were here and my mom tried to cheer me.
"Your work must be rewarding in a lot of ways," she told me as I stared into oblivion.
"It's not really that rewarding."
"Well, the kids learned so much this year. You've got to be happy about that."
"Actually, there really wasn't that much learning," I answered flatly.

I'm feeling much better and brighter now that summer has arrived at last and I can be more upbeat. As MoodyGirl said in her farewell speech on the final day, "We had our times. We all said things we didn't mean."

Now I'm looking forward. Today I have 2 meetings connected with my trip to Kabul. And I need to get a haircut at some point.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I meant to tell you yesterday that I thought your hair looked really good!
jw
LH said…
thx dear.

Popular Posts