The Artist

On Friday I watched a beautiful documentary on Emile Norman.  I found his story v. inspiring.  He seemed to have a cheerful nature. He worked every day on his beautiful art. He had a great love for his partner Brooks Clement.  He loved hiking around on his 150 acres in Big Sur.
     
After watching the PBS documentary about Emile, I truly feel that if I could move to Big Sur, I could be more cheerful, loving, productive and adventurous.  Until I can make that move, I'll muddle along here, as best I can.

Comments

LH said…
GPM says she could not leave a comment on the blog. I'm looking in to this right NOW!
Anonymous said…
OK - now it's working.
Scared me.
I was wondering if you thought he would have been a lesser man, a lesser artist, if he had lived in Bloomington.
Are you thinking the place makes the man?
LH said…
Phew. I need comments, in order to live.

The documentary did show his life transform in Big Sur. He got to be who he wanted to be, away from some quite harsh restrictions placed on him elsewhere (ny, la).

So I don't think he would have been lesser here, just observing how powerful place was for him.

I had not heard of him before. I loved the footage of him working on the masonic temple window in sf. so cool.
LH said…
His partner Brooks was probably more imp., but Big Sur was imp. too.

Popular Posts