The Bike


Today was "Take your daughter's bike to work Day." It only took 20 minutes and I was only moderately sweaty and disheveled upon arrival. I'm glad we're into the second day. The first day had some tough stuff in it. Wildchild went into the boy's bathroom, stuffed paper towel into all the sinks and then turned all the spigots on full blast. Water was leaking into the basement when it was discovered. He won't admit it, but I know it was him. Today he shaped up because I basically turned myself into Lou Gossett in Officer and a Gentleman. He was Richard Gere. Throughout the day I gave positive comments to the others, while I did all my teaching next to Wildchild's table, barking at him in the harshest tone imaginable. By 2:30 he was thoroughly sick of me and began earnestly taking notes during the Karla Kuskin video. Maybe there's hope.

Comments

Anonymous said…
AWESOME!! That's the way to do it, I think. I'm not sure he is Richard Gere though.
jw
Anonymous said…
Oh no, you have another one this year! I bet your glad it's Friday! I recommend that you have a large glass of wine when you get home!
Undomestic said…
A glass? Try a bottle!

Popular Posts