The Testing

Testing week is wrapping up. The fourth graders had to write about a perfect day. One kid wrote about his weekend of sickness which included vomiting up hotdogs and macaroni and cheese, going to the doctor for pink eye in both eyes and then having an allergic reaction to his medicine which resulted in itchy bumps all over his neck. After several turns around the room, I couldn't stand it any longer and finally leaned over and asked, "You think this is a perfect day?"
"Yeah, because I didn't have to go to school," he told me.
Gee thanks I wanted to say, but I simply walked on, hoping he would add a line of explanation at the end so that the test readers could see that he wrote to the prompt. I'm not sure they're going to understand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
She's "just a prisoner of love."
LH said…
There's a new clothing shop for dogs downtown. It's called the London Dog.
fyi
Undomestic said…
That's called taking a "compositional risk" right?!?!
LH said…
or compositional suicide, when it comes to this test.

i'm crossing my fingers for the kid.
Julie Anna said…
BWAH HA HA HA HAAAAAA...I think the kid was hilarious. (Sorry :)

Popular Posts