The Routine


Another Saturday rolls around and it's time once again to see if I can move the diss to the place it has to get to before adviserpal can read it over. After she reads it, she'll let me know if i can hand it over to the committeemen. Husbandman thinks I have fear of finishing syndrome, because I'm getting so anxious about the work. But I think I have longing for a weekend syndrome. Or I may have realization that it's not going to be done today syndrome. Or when will this thing end disorder. Okay, down to the basement. Whining is a critical first step in my writing process. But you already know that.

Comments

LH said…
sorry about being so whinge-y.
making good progress today.
KC said…
you're doing a great job. you're going to be done soon. you'll be so glad.
LH said…
thanks, dear, I am getting there. there's always another thing, but that's how it is, being alive. i just have to accept that.
LH said…
okay, this is what I'm still working on:
fixing up my references
abstract
vita
and i still don't know how to do the pagination thing correctly but that's their problem.
KC said…
i don't think they'll fai you based on pagination. it's going to be totally okay.
LH said…
i know, but wouldn't it be great if everything was formatted perfectly? at this point, i just hate that i can't fix that one thing. i've been practicing on other docs, but no luck. drat.

finished the vita and the abstract.
fixed the citations.
working on some acknowledgements.
KC said…
that's awesome. holy cow. you're so close, you could spit at it, but I don't recommend it.
Anonymous said…
Sic'em Lee Dawg!
Anonymous said…
LH,

What are you doing? I know writing, but where are you? Still in B-ton? I have been reading and can't make it out.

Jeff

Email me
Look me up on Dukeschool.org if you do not have my email address.

Popular Posts