The Rock


Some little kid at the compound hurled a rock at one of our doors and it cracked into a million pieces. The party line is the kid didn't intend to break the door, it was an accident. The sixers looked at me like I was insane when I shared the party line. "How can hurling a rock at a piece of glass and breaking it be considered an accident?" one asked me. I just shrugged. I felt a bit complicit because a little kid of roughly the same size threw rocks at my window last week and I just told him to stop. He was also chewing on a huge hunk of weeds. I told him to stop eating that too, but he just ignored me. If I had done more, things may have turned out differently for that door today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do wonder what the child "meant to do" . Throw a rock at a window/break it. Man, I hope it wasn't Anthony.
jw
LH said…
They had that door replaced really quickly. it was quite amazing.

the kids were reminded to only throw playground balls at recess. So of course one of the punkies was throwing the ball against my window yesterday. Little weirdo.
Undomestic said…
Maybe there were grasshoppers on that door he was trying to get. That was my son's response when I caught him and Max hurling rocks at our patio door. Luckily I caught them before any breakage occurred.
LH said…
this is hilarious.

did they nab any?

Popular Posts