The Fish


We have this great fish weathervane on top of our downtown courthouse. It's from pioneer days when our town first got going. The blacksmith, I think his last name was Seward, made it. I've read it's six feet long, but when you're standing down on the street agazing up at it, (as I was doing this very evening) it seems hard to believe that it could be that large. As I stood beneath it tonight, I imagined myself, were it actually six feet long, stretched up on top of that fish, peering calmly down on the townsfolk walking to and fro below. I realize that's probably never going to happen, but if it could happen somehow, I think I'd really enjoy it, for however much time was alloted to me. Even a few minutes would be memorable.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Remember the rumor that Fish on Parade was coming to Bloomington a few years back? Around Lotus time, I think we tend to get a little big for our britches here in B-town. Or maybe we're influenced by the fact that our population rivals Andorra's.

-R
LH said…
Maybe I'll do Fish on Parade at the compound. That could be very cool.

You've been sharing some interesting information about Andorra with us lately. And we all want to thank you for that.
Julie Anna said…
did you also know that Gumby watches over Bloomington from a window high atop the courthouse? Perhaps if we run into you at the right corner during lotus fest, I can show you! I can hardly believe it's almost time for LOTUS! Life is good.
LH said…
yes! i will look for gumby. I love a challenge.

i'm jazzed about lotus too.

i think there's one more b.p. concert. maybe we should aim for it?

Popular Posts