The Fullitude


Today was my first day working full time in about 15 years. No sixers in the building yet, just meetings and more meetings all day long. At one meeting I gave a spiel about how more people should join the union, doing my official union rep song and dance. The only person to sign up was a student teacher who will only pay a nominal fee for a few months and one teacher dropped out of the union completely. That was disappointing. After that I kept feeling sad that I really couldn't leave because this is my job and I'm basically required to stay in the compound for the entire day. In the past, I probably stayed just as long each day, but I always knew this was a choice I was making. I wonder if I'll ever get over this sense of being invisibly and relentlessly constrained.
So far I'm not crazy about full time at all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your links are just hysterical and so appropriate.
jw
LH said…
feeling a bit more upbeat today. but i haven't hit noon yet. that's when the negativity really kicks in...
KC said…
this will be an adjustment for me, too, even though I've been out of the full-time gig for only 2 years and 5 months.

we will support each other thru it!!
Anonymous said…
the globus has begun.
need massage.
wine is just not doing it for me.
AHHHH!
N
LH said…
husbandman's removed me from the suicide watch list, as today i did perk up considerably.

phew. thanks for checking in all.
that first day of fullitude played with my mind.

n...globus very bad this a.m., but better now.
once Open House was over, life started looking up. get the massage immediately.
Anonymous said…
You will love full time as soon as your sixers arrive. They will make you happy, upbeat, fulfilled, passionate, etc.

Popular Posts