The North

Tomorrow I'm heading up to our neighbors in the north. Husbandman and I are spending a week in Montreal. He will be at a conference. I will be analyzing data for that which shall not be named. I'm bringing my swimsuit because the hotel has a pool. I also bought a small guidebook and a map. Montreal is a good place for walking I have heard. My goal of working might be an ignis fatuus, but my intentions are good. For the most part.
Venerable father, known around here as PaPa, is staying with the kiddos. Wish him luck.

P.S. We liked the crossword puzzle movie, Word Play. You probably will as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope you have a great time in the North. Little work...little fun...you get the point.
jw
Anonymous said…
A follow up question regarding your Paris sojourn, if I may: How did you find/acquire the rights to stay in your apartment? You see, Mr. B will be 50 in 2007, and we are planning to spend an extended -- at least for us -- vacation in that favorite city of ours as a way of celebrating. Our vision includes an apartment large enough that we may host visiting pals and/or relatives...hence the advance planning.

mary
LH said…
hey jw, i'm heading out to find a comfy coffee shop for the working.
we had a nice walk around old montreal last night.

ms mary, we need to get you george's email. george got the apt for us for a very small finder's fee. we love george. george rocks.
Anonymous said…
Yes! That sounds lovely.
jw
Anonymous said…
By all means, hook us up with George. Hook us up, yessiree.

And while it is about scrabble, not crosswords, I really enjoyed reading Word Freak by Stefan Fatsis, the WSJ sports reporter (?!) and NPR geek.

mary
LH said…
i bought that scrabble book for my scrabble playing parents. did they read it? no!

remind me about george. i love that apartment finding homme.

Popular Posts