La Coupe


Today we spent a hot but fun day walking around the gardens at Versailles. We got there in time for the fountain show, where they have all the fountains going and classical music is piped in. Then we headed over to Le Hameau, or hamlet, of Marie Antoinette. She had a little village built so she could pretend she was an earthy peasant every once in awhile.
Last night France won another World Cup game and the partying was raucous outside our apt. I fell asleep eventually but Husbandman reports three guys sang the same song over and over, until about 6am. I am hoping the Blues go all the way. That will be a sight to behold.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well you may be in Paris, but we just saw those Watkins kids and their taller friends (Nickel Creek) in concert. That was the best show I have seen in a very long time! Thanks for the CD, Mrs. H. iTunes is ripping their other two CDs as I write this.
-Bob
Anonymous said…
Sounds like the trip is tres magnifique! I'm so glad you're having so much fun. For each of your positngs I get a mental image of the place and I'm dammned jealous. Say hi to the family!
LH said…
bob...we love those little nickel creekers. they even come to b-town every once in awhile. so glad you saw them. where were they?

and ms. mitzker, the trip is magnifique indeed. all send warm bon jours. let's lunch next week. the people here are intense about the food. i keep thinking of you as I hear them make some really over the top comments about how to eat. v. funny.
Thank you for sharing useful information....home based network marketing

Popular Posts