Le Chaud


It's only super hot in Paris for about 15 days of the year so it's great to know we've been in town for all 15. But a storm's a brewin and we should cool off for our last few days. We walked down Montparnasse this morning checking out movie theaters that had movies in v.o., version originale. Je T'aime was playing at 11:15 and I asked if the film was in english. The woman told me (in french) that the majority of it was in english, with some french. We headed in and the movie had already started. It was all in french. At first I thought, geez louise, can nothing be easy? But then I felt the cool air conditioning and the film, full of short vignettes from famous directors, became not too hard to follow. We think we got the gist of most of the stories, especially the few that had some english lines. The unifying power of film. I think I've heard someone use that phrase before and it seems appropriate here. We also walked around Au Bon Marche, tres cher department store, also air conditioned. Everything I looked at was tempting, but I bought nothing, despite #1's constant prodding, "Mom, pull the trigger! Pull the trigger!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
You bought nothing at the dept store? Please buy things...I beg of you. If only in fond remembrance of me.
judy
LH said…
A few things were purchased today. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it.
Anonymous said…
Surely you bought at least one book from the famous bookstalls??
And can you survive next winter without leather gloves from Paris??
LH said…
damn...i need gloves too. why didn't you check in earlier ???

Popular Posts