The Gusto

I may work on the diss today. I'm reading a book about writing by Ray Bradbury. He suggests that writers absolutely approach the writing with gusto. Gusto's been missing from my project, I have to admit. Getting some gusto could be the key. I'm working on a chapter that describes all the work that went into revising a kid's story. We traded that draft back and forth quite a few times. Sometimes my suggestions seem pretty good. Many, in retrospect, seem kind of dumb. That's why it's hard to find the gusto. Sitting down to write about dumb things I have done just isn't a heck of a lot of fun. Sure I think about my dumb mistakes almost constantly, but writing them down for committee members to read is a wee bit tougher. But with some gusto, I'm going to be knocking that chapter out. A four day weekend is the perfect place to find gusto. No worries.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hopefully, your Friday afternoon patio revelers helped provide a bit of the "gusto" needed to PUSH YOU ON!!!!!!!!!! .... We miss y'all!! xxxxs and ooooos to you, Pete and the monkeys!
LH said…
hey bethala,
i ended fotd early this year.
and that's probably a big part of why the gusto's missing.
and probably the fact that i'm finally finished with the lit.logs, but still must grade the fiction stories by tuesday. the end of the year is hard to coordinate. are you done yet???
Anonymous said…
2 words---thank you God in Heaven for getting me thru...........I DO LOVE June/July....your bruv and I are SO ready for Newfoundland/ Labrador...I guess you guys are getting prepped for Pari-no? ....xxxxooooo---we';ll chat...did Pete da man tell ya I called...(I think I did)
LH said…
7 more days of school, then off to Paris. I'm feeling a little harried these days. But we'll make it. Labrador sounds AWESOME, POSSUM! When do you go???
Anonymous said…
7 days is VERY do-able, esp. when vacation is looming! -- we'll be gone 6/19 - 7/03....hope y'all have a WONDERFUL trip.....maybe we'll chat before we all leave---xxxxs and ooooos to all
LH said…
This is my 3rd day of a four day weekend. I've been trading off grading and cleaning for 3 days. Still not quite done with the stax of papers, but I can see that light at the end of the tunnel.

Our Air conditioning broke today.

And because I actually exercised, I decided it would be okay to spend the rest of the day eating during each of the grading/cleaning intervals.

I'm not sure you're right about the 7 days being doable, Bethosity, but I'll hang on.
Anonymous said…
This picture is stunning!!
jw
LH said…
i agree jw. let's face it, i've been taking some terrific photos of late.

got some good ones of a dog named gus. will post soon.

Popular Posts