The Comments

One sixer's been sending me messages on my edublog for the past 3 days. If they post a comment, I get an email. These 85 emails have been a nice distraction from grading. We've talked about some poems she's writing, the book she just read for my class that she did not care for at all, her plans to swim at the local pool, her nervousness about opening her locker next year in middle school, and, of course, we had a plethora of back and forth emails giving directions for making various emoticons. At one point the sixer complained that she hates all the homework I give, and in another email she told me that she was trying to put in an essay for me to win the Classroom Makeover. She was having trouble with the contest site, so I have a feeling I'm not going to win by her efforts. Still, the thought was nice. The edublog has few visitors, but every few days, I'll get to chat back and forth with some kid I never get to yak with. And I enjoy that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mom-

Eighty-five comments divided by three days is roughly 28 comments per. We're gonna call that thirty. School is over in nine days if you count the weekends. That's 270 distractions.

I think we're going to make it.

-Teen Daughter
KC said…
i miss ros. she speaks the truth.

also, i'm jealous because i have eleven days, if you count the weekends.
Anonymous said…
Im with ros, count one weekend not both. So many times we are asked to "round up". I say "round down America". Nine days it is.
LH said…
thanks, teen daughter. we may make it. but there's really no guarantee. why does the last week or two have to be such a misery?

kc, eleven days is an outrage. move south dearheart.

Joy, the whole rounding down thing is a great idea. i'll do my bit to spread the word. love you

Popular Posts