Sick of Sick

Sunday I had an ocular migraine. I was just starting to feel better after a week of gross flu. The aura came on distorting an article I was enjoying about Angelina Jolie in US magazine. So we cancelled our movie plans and I headed to bed. Having the flu and a migraine in one week crosses a line of what's acceptable in terms of how sick you can be before everyone gets tired of dealing with you. Family members try to muster up sympathy, but you can see it's an effort. The cup of tea is delivered with a patient sigh. You hunch your way through the room and people don't avert their eyes from the television as they ask you how you are. I'm relieved that my invalidism ended before filial concern disappeared entirely.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bummer. I can relate. Actually, I can't believe M stayed with me after all those times I had migraines (before diagnosis) and I was just an ahole. Rest up, little dear. We love you. - Bob
LH said…
do you get them anymore mr. bob?
Love you too dearie, thanks for stopping by!!!!
Anonymous said…
I seem to have outgrown them (knock on PVC covered particle board). Have you tried any of those new-fangled Rx remedies: sumatriptin, e.g.? - Bob
LH said…
i haven't because this is just the second one i've gotten in 8 years, so i'm not that concerned. but the messing up of the vision with the aura is quite disconcerting, I have to say. it's actually horrible. i'll mention it to the doctor when i get home this summer.
any summer trips planned?

Popular Posts