The Farting Shoe Calamity

I'm here in midsized midwestern college town, the day before the academic conference. The good news is I tried on my new shoes today because I wanted to break them in before conference day and they fit comfortably. The bad news is the left shoe makes a distinct farting noise each time I step. I visited my old school today and demonstrated the farting shoe walk for every one in the office so I have a plethora of confirmation on this. Luckily shoe stores exist here, so I should be okay.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been waiting for the blog from home!

Bet it's fun seeing your pals, but too bad about the farting shoe.

At least you figured it out ahead of time and won't be tooting in front of big shot academic types. :)
Anonymous said…
Yeah, the farting shoe is a problem.

I once saw a production of Julius Caesar by the Royal Shakespeare Company in London, and all that I remember is that Brutus had farting shoes.

P.S. I had to Google Caesar to make sure it was spelled correctly. Is that sad?

P.P.S. No matter how many times I reread my comments before posting, I inevitably misuse my prepositions. Just be prepared for that from now in.
Anonymous said…
jdoc's last line just CRACKED ME UP!!! ....smacks a little of Ogden Nash (my FAVE)---- I bet HE could pen a few lines on farting shoes!---B (of B&B)
LH said…
We're back late from watching the final Apprentice at adviser M's house. I thought Tana would win, but Kendra did.
Tomorrow's the big TALK. I think we're ready, but have you ever done a power point talk and then when you later went to practice it, you didn't understand any of your bulleted points????
Okay, everyone...2 oclock tomorrow. send good wishes my way. will need them.
(I always have to write down caesar and ceasar before I figure it out. what's up with that?)

Popular Posts