Downing Street Minutes

Big Brass Alliance is a group of bloggers swarming the blogosphere with information about the Downing Street Minutes. Leaked minutes from a meeting in July 2002 in England contain evidence that Bush “engaged in a conspiracy to deceive and mislead the U.S. Congress and the American people about the basis for going to war in Iraq.” Mainstream media has largely ignored this story, so talk it up with a friend or two today. You may want to read more, or sign Rep. Conyers’ letter asking for an inquiry, or print out flyers for your favorite bulletin board.

***Thursday: Updated list of bloggers at Big Brass Alliance. Click away. The alliance has been featured on CNN and FOX this week.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
I get so mad every time I think about this story. Mad is good, maybe. I was SO damned mad after the election and then I let myself fall into numbness just trying to get through the day to day of life. But I'm going to do every little thing I can to help bring this out. I need to channel my anger into some action here.
LH said…
I'm really inspired by the variety of posts about the Downing Street Memos I'm reading today. The swarm links provided by heretik are great reading. Thanks for stopping by, heretik.
Julie, I've felt the same way. I love this grassroots collection of bloggers working to get the message out. As a writing teacher, I'm so impressed by all the political literacy in the world. Kudos, blogpeople...

Popular Posts