Slow Start Monday

I’m disappointed in my lack of productivity today. I produced nothing because of the following pitiful excuses. Or insurmountable obstacles, depending on your point of view:

I had to disrupt the sacred work schedule because the landlord came over to show the home to a potential renter.
It took me several hours to finish reading articles for a class I’m auditing.
I spent a not inconsiderable amount of time reading comments on ABD Mom’s blog about thongs.
I’ve been worrying all day about upcoming deadlines for conference presentations and committee work and all the packing and mailing of the stuff for the summer move back to mid-sized Midwestern college town.
My stomach hurt after eating a burrito for lunch. FYI: it still hurts now.
I did see a pileated woodpecker during my slog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about your crappy day. I've been in a slump lately myself. I hope you guys had a good night last night. I was pretty bummed that I had to leave. But I'm bound to a babysitter.
LH said…
We were bummed when you left.
We did have a fun time, but when i got home, i crashed out fast and then woke up at 1am with a horrible stomach flu. I was awake all night, and I've been in bed all morning. Peter is making me some toast and then I'm heading back to bed. Ugh.
Anonymous said…
Yuckers! I hope you're feeling better. Did you catch what Quinn had? Rest, relax, and don't worry about the pages. Why don't you rent a good movie...I heard Finding Forrestor might be good....to put you back to sleep.
LH said…
I'm not having any trouble sleeping. I feel like I've been sleeping constantly. I just wake up every few hours to check the blog and groan a bit. bah. I have to get better. soon! Ask your husb. what I should do!!!!
Kim said…
I hear ya on slow starts...except mine have wander through more than Monday of late! Keep it up chica and keep blogging...Peace!

Popular Posts