January Writing Challenge # 8: Write about a success.

"I'm not sure what to write about today.  The prompt is 'Write about a success.'"

Husbandman answers, "We finished the NYT Saturday crossword in under 19 minutes today.  That's a success."

He's right.  We rocked the Saturday.

We also achieved genius status on the Bee puzzle, which we do each morning with our coffee.  We almost always achieve genius status on the Bee, because we revisit the puzzle before going to bed each night to gather some extra points and words.

Tonight's our bridge night with J and PA.  We're learning bridge, and I'm determined to be successful at it by the time the calendar turns to 2020.  Bridge is like an advanced graduate seminar in physics.  There's a ton of stuff to learn and remember and mostly I feel like a putz when I play bridge.  I'm not successful yet at bridge, but I'm determined to become a competitive bridge player by the time I turn 60.  There are bridge cruises to Hawaii, the Caribbean, and to the Mediterranean and I intend to sail aboard a bridge cruise at some point in the future probably.

Comments

mm said…
I'd say this was a success!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the face mite links. I think I've really been missing the boat on face mites.

Popular Posts