January Writing Challenge #9: Write about a hope.


https://crudethings.com
I hope I can think of a new writing project one of these days.  Both my books come from graduate school work as do the articles I've co-written.  Now I'm project-less and I hope I'm not one of those flunkies who can only come up with writing projects when guided by the structures of an academic community.  Note to self:  COME ON HEFFERNAN! GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.  But here's the thing... part of me actually likes this project-less time, where I feel okay about taking time to exercise, read, and have fun with Husbandman and pals.  Just this morning in fact, I dared Husbandman to go outside to our Negative SEVEN degree yard and stand in front of the window for a minute.  He did it and I could barely stop laughing long enough to take a photo.  He didn't even wear a coat.  He said it really wasn't that cold. If I had a writing project, I probably wouldn't have taken time for this amazing dare.  Maybe I would have.  Not really sure.  But back to my point.  I feel like I want to start working on a new project and I sincerely hope I can figure out something that can get me writing again.  The Thirdlanders are doing some cool things and I've lots of things I'm curious about that I could start looking into.  We're going to be away for an entire month this summer in Toronto.  Wouldn't it be great if I had a fun project to write about each day, before I walk over to the dumpling places for lunch? 

I hope I can come up with something soon.  As my Nana used to say, "We shall see, said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer... and saw."  


Comments

mm said…
I love the murals. I love you thinking about a new writing project. I love hope.
kc said…
A LOT of people haven't written two life-changing books. So, I feel like you're doing okay. I cannot think of an author who has influenced my teaching career as much as you have. But, if you want a new project, then I want that for you.

Popular Posts